We live in a time when more pre-schoolers can use a smartphone app than can tie their shoes. How does government prepare to meet the information needs of these budding citizens? DigitalGov means providing information and services to the public anywhere and anytime.
This site is a platform to help those in agencies working on providing digital services and information for the public. We’ll scour the innerwebs for digital info so you don’t have to. Expect posts on what government is doing in digital, general digital news, trends and issues on implementing digital for the public.
More on Us
This platform is brought to you by the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies in the U.S. General Services Administration. Our job here is to help agencies build a 21st century digital government. We do that by
- Finding and sharing resources and capabilities throughout government
- Helping agencies understand and resolve policy issues
- Offering services and tools to help agencies meet their digital government goals
- Championing DigitalGov solutions from loosening data to developing mobile development guidelines to app and website development to best practices and policy
- Promoting agency DigitalGov efforts
- Building relationships with the private and non-profit sectors as well as state and local government
Digital Government Division
The Digital Government Division is a cooperative enterprise that draws on resources from across government to leverage the expertise of forward-leaning agencies. To that end, we’re gathering a cadre of innovators to help build a digital government that meets the expectations of the public while delivering info and services safely and securely. The Digital Government Division is a key component supporting the goals of the Digital Government Strategy and is sponsored by GSA.
Keep in touch
- Follow us on Twitter @Digital_Gov. We use the hashtags #SocialGov and #MobileGov
- Sign up for e-mail alerts.
- Send us an email.
- Subscribe to our podcasts on the iTunes store and catch up on our recent episodes.
Posts About Us
- DigitalGov Podcast: Bridging Content and Discovery Through DigitalGov Search - You can find cute kitten photos online, but you can’t find Ben Franklin’s jetpack (well, you can search for it, but you won’t find it!). For government agencies, connecting users to information is a critical part of meeting the public’s needs and delivering excellent customer service. DigitalGov Search helps agencies deliver information to government searchers on every level—federal, state, local, and tribal. […]
- DigitalGov Summit Recap: Innovation Through Customer Experience - Meeting customer needs can be done, no matter what agency you represent. A panel discussion at the 2015 DigitalGov Citizen Services Summit delved into customer experience (CX) work at three agencies with diverse missions. Andrew Hughey, Product Development Director at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), moderated the panel that featured Stephanie Thum, Vice President of […]
- Empowering the Voice of Citizens at Core of GSA Open Government - We are proud to announce our commitment to the third U.S. National Action Plan for Open Government, released this week at the Open Government Partnership (OGP) Global Summit in Mexico City, Mexico, and are also eager to share how Public Participation can empower our citizens to have a greater voice and impact in improving their […]
- Building the Next Generation of Government Innovators - Innovators are made, not born. This summer, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) began cultivating the next generation of federal innovators through a summer incubator boot camp, aimHI. AimHI is a pilot program to get high school students excited about careers in health information technology, medical devices and public service. Instead of traditional internships, which […]
- How Agencies Can Support Employee Professional Development - Providing professional development for over 100,000 employees is no easy task. To build on the existing skills of their workforce, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has piloted AgOpportunity, a program that matches USDA employees with projects that need their skills and interest. The idea for AgOpportunity came from the Partnership for Public Service’s Excellence […]