We live in a time when more pre-schoolers can use a smartphone app than can tie their shoes. How does government prepare to meet the information needs of these budding citizens? DigitalGov means providing information and services to the public anywhere and anytime.
This site is a platform to help those in agencies working on providing digital services and information for the public. We’ll scour the innerwebs for digital info so you don’t have to. Expect posts on what government is doing in digital, general digital news, trends and issues on implementing digital for the public.
More on Us
This platform is brought to you by the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies in the U.S. General Services Administration. Our job here is to help agencies build a 21st century digital government. We do that by
- Finding and sharing resources and capabilities throughout government
- Helping agencies understand and resolve policy issues
- Offering services and tools to help agencies meet their digital government goals
- Championing DigitalGov solutions from loosening data to developing mobile development guidelines to app and website development to best practices and policy
- Promoting agency DigitalGov efforts
- Building relationships with the private and non-profit sectors as well as state and local government
Digital Services Innovation Center
The Digital Services Innovation Center is a cooperative enterprise that draws on resources from across government to leverage the expertise of forward-leaning agencies. To that end, we’re gathering a cadre of innovators to help build a digital government that meets the expectations of the public while delivering info and services safely and securely The Digital Services Innovation Center is a key component supporting the goals of the Digital Government Strategy and is sponsored by GSA.
Keep in touch
- Follow us on Twitter @Digital_Gov. We use the hashtags #socialgov and #mobilegov
- Sign up for e-mail alerts.
- Send us an email.
Posts About Us
- Strategy Pivot Yields Results: DigitalGov.Gov Six Months Later - Six months ago, we launched this DigitalGov.gov platform to support federal agencies in delivering 21st century digital services and information to the public. It seems a good time to share some of the thinking that went into the development of the platform, and what we’ve learned so far. Looking back, we knew we had great content [...]
- U.S. Gov Releases New Collaborative Social Media Services - The Federal #SocialGov Community, a collective of almost 700 digital engagement managers from more than 120 government agencies, marked the 2nd anniversary of our program by releasing a suite of new collaborative services to help us better work together and with partners in the private sector to share resources and build public services of the 21st century. The [...]
- DigitalGov Citizen Services Summit a Success - We had a GREAT DigitalGov Citizen Services Summit today. There were more than 200 digital innovators from across government and industry working to build the 21st century government the public expects. The four panels focused on perfomance analysis, customer service across channels, inter-agency work, and public private partnerships. Here’s what you missed in a short highlight video. Related [...]
- Open for Innovation in DigitalGov! - There’s tons of great work and innovations happening in federal agencies, and it is happening fast. From mobile, to social, to user experience, to APIs, to data and codesharing, agencies are embracing the 21st century citizen expectations and working to deliver anytime, anywhere, any device services and information to the public. How do we tap [...]
- Results Posted: 2012 Challenge Report - This week the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy released its second comprehensive report detailing the use of federal challenge and prize competitions. Read it and you’ll find details about the fiscal benefits of more than 300 competitions implemented by 45 agencies. As the report released today makes clear, agencies made big strides in [...]