We live in a time when more pre-schoolers can use a smartphone app than can tie their shoes. How does government prepare to meet the information needs of these budding citizens? DigitalGov means providing information and services to the public anywhere and anytime.
This site is a platform to help those in agencies working on providing digital services and information for the public. We’ll scour the innerwebs for digital info so you don’t have to. Expect posts on what government is doing in digital, general digital news, trends and issues on implementing digital for the public.
More on Us
This platform is brought to you by the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies in the U.S. General Services Administration. Our job here is to help agencies build a 21st century digital government. We do that by
- Finding and sharing resources and capabilities throughout government
- Helping agencies understand and resolve policy issues
- Offering services and tools to help agencies meet their digital government goals
- Championing DigitalGov solutions from loosening data to developing mobile development guidelines to app and website development to best practices and policy
- Promoting agency DigitalGov efforts
- Building relationships with the private and non-profit sectors as well as state and local government
Digital Government Division
The Digital Government Division is a cooperative enterprise that draws on resources from across government to leverage the expertise of forward-leaning agencies. To that end, we’re gathering a cadre of innovators to help build a digital government that meets the expectations of the public while delivering info and services safely and securely The Digital Government Division is a key component supporting the goals of the Digital Government Strategy and is sponsored by GSA.
Keep in touch
- Follow us on Twitter @Digital_Gov. We use the hashtags #SocialGov and #MobileGov
- Sign up for e-mail alerts.
- Send us an email.
Posts About Us
- Turning Government Data into Better Public Service - Every day, millions of people use their laptops, phones, and tablets to check the status of their tax refund, get the latest forecast from the National Weather Service, book a campsite at one of our national parks, and much more. There were more than 1.3 billion visits to websites across the federal government in just [...]
- Showcase Your Innovation Program at the 2015 Spring Summit - Here’s another other opportunity to show DigitalGov innovators what you got! The spring Digital Citizen Services Summit will host an expo, like we did in 2014, where you can showcase your program or service. This way participants will get a chance to meet the people behind innovative programs across the federal government and explore collaborations [...]
- Data, Code, and API Event Round Up - DigitalGov University has hosted some great events over the last year in partnership with Data.gov, the MobileGov Community and 18F to bring you information on opening data and building APIs. This month we’ve rounded up the events over the past year so that you can see what’s been offered. Use the comments below to offer [...]
- What is the Digital Analytics Program (DAP)? - The Digital Analytics Program (DAP) is a cornerstone of the 2012 Digital Government Strategy’s mission to improve the citizen experience by streamlining the collection and analysis of digital analytics data on a federal government-wide scale. The DAP, provided by GSA to all federal executive branch agencies, delivers digital analytics tools (like Web analytics and customer [...]
- Digital Analytics Program Among Finalists for Igniting Innovation Award - The federal government has IT challenges, and innovative federal projects are tackling those challenges head-on. As projects gain momentum, outside organizations have taken notice. Recently, Data.gov and DigitalGov’s Digital Analytics Program (DAP) were recognized by the American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC), among 30 other finalists for the Igniting Innovation Award. ACT-IAC’s [...]