We live in a time when more pre-schoolers can use a smartphone app than can tie their shoes. How does government prepare to meet the information needs of these budding citizens? DigitalGov means providing information and services to the public anywhere and anytime.
This site is a platform to help those in agencies working on providing digital services and information for the public. We’ll scour the innerwebs for digital info so you don’t have to. Expect posts on what government is doing in digital, general digital news, trends and issues on implementing digital for the public.
More on Us
This platform is brought to you by the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies in the U.S. General Services Administration. Our job here is to help agencies build a 21st century digital government. We do that by
- Finding and sharing resources and capabilities throughout government
- Helping agencies understand and resolve policy issues
- Offering services and tools to help agencies meet their digital government goals
- Championing DigitalGov solutions from loosening data to developing mobile development guidelines to app and website development to best practices and policy
- Promoting agency DigitalGov efforts
- Building relationships with the private and non-profit sectors as well as state and local government
Digital Government Division
The Digital Government Division is a cooperative enterprise that draws on resources from across government to leverage the expertise of forward-leaning agencies. To that end, we’re gathering a cadre of innovators to help build a digital government that meets the expectations of the public while delivering info and services safely and securely The Digital Government Division is a key component supporting the goals of the Digital Government Strategy and is sponsored by GSA.
Keep in touch
- Follow us on Twitter @Digital_Gov. We use the hashtags #SocialGov and #MobileGov
- Sign up for e-mail alerts.
- Send us an email.
Posts About Us
- Digital Analytics Program Among Finalists for Igniting Innovation Award - The federal government has IT challenges, and innovative federal projects are tackling those challenges head-on. As projects gain momentum, outside organizations have taken notice. Recently, Data.gov and DigitalGov’s Digital Analytics Program (DAP) were recognized by the American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC), among 30 other finalists for the Igniting Innovation Award. ACT-IAC’s [...]
- Top 10 Things (We Think) You Don’t Know about DigitalGov - Things you don’t know about this website, DigitalGov.gov, that is. It’s our first birthday, and we’re celebrating by sharing some fun facts with you. A more sober look at our strategy can be read on our 6-month post, but this is a party post! w00t! 10. We’ve published an impressive 480 articles and counting (this [...]
- Don’t Forget the Long Tail: It Can Deliver Value - Top tasks matter. Visitors come to your website with specific goals in mind. Using a top-task methodology can be particularly useful when redesigning your homepage. But, top tasks aren’t the whole story. Our government websites also have a large range of tiny tasks that, when managed carefully, have the potential to deliver value. In The [...]
- Vote to Make the Spring Summit a Success - Thanks to your awesome input on the Citizen Services Summit agenda and the rallying of the Summit Sounding Board, we now have more than 70 ideas and 50 comments on those ideas. Vote early and Vote often! We’ve opened up the voting floodgates for these 70 ideas until February 28th! Now you can help choose [...]
- Let Us Share Your Events - You may have seen this icon on our calendar recently. This icon indicates a digitalgov “friend event.” What’s a Friend Event Does your agency offer training or events to help improve digital services? Are they free? Are they open to other federal government agencies? If you answered YES to all three questions then you have a friend [...]