We live in a time when more pre-schoolers can use a smartphone app than can tie their shoes. How does government prepare to meet the information needs of these budding citizens? DigitalGov means providing information and services to the public anywhere and anytime.
This site is a platform to help those in agencies working on providing digital services and information for the public. We’ll scour the innerwebs for digital info so you don’t have to. Expect posts on what government is doing in digital, general digital news, trends and issues on implementing digital for the public.
More on Us
This platform is brought to you by the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies in the U.S. General Services Administration. Our job here is to help agencies build a 21st century digital government. We do that by
- Finding and sharing resources and capabilities throughout government
- Helping agencies understand and resolve policy issues
- Offering services and tools to help agencies meet their digital government goals
- Championing DigitalGov solutions from loosening data to developing mobile development guidelines to app and website development to best practices and policy
- Promoting agency DigitalGov efforts
- Building relationships with the private and non-profit sectors as well as state and local government
Digital Government Division
The Digital Government Division is a cooperative enterprise that draws on resources from across government to leverage the expertise of forward-leaning agencies. To that end, we’re gathering a cadre of innovators to help build a digital government that meets the expectations of the public while delivering info and services safely and securely The Digital Government Division is a key component supporting the goals of the Digital Government Strategy and is sponsored by GSA.
Keep in touch
- Follow us on Twitter @Digital_Gov. We use the hashtags #SocialGov and #MobileGov
- Sign up for e-mail alerts.
- Send us an email.
Posts About Us
- Announcing Speakers and Agenda for the 2015 Summit - We are busting at the seams with excitement because the DigitalGov Citizen Services Summit is less than a month away! Today we are announcing the working agenda and confirmed speakers. The Summit, which will be taking place on Thursday, May 21, 2015 from 9 am-1 pm, has an all-star lineup that was put together with [...]
- Updated: Live Blogging the Analytics Dashboard on #TaxDay - 2 a.m. EDT, April 16 Looks like the traffic peak for #TaxDay was around 3:00 pm when 194,301 people were on government sites. We’re now less than one-quarter of that traffic, and the more regular patterns of top sites are reasserting themselves. We’re talking about YOU, NASA astronomy picture of the day and that wonderful [...]
- Attend the DigitalGov Summit – Virtually, or Host an Expo Table - Sign up now to watch the DigitalGov Summit from the comfort of your desk! We are excited to announce that although we’ve sold out in-person attendance for the DigitalGov Citizen Services Summit, we have just opened up registration to attend virtually. Virtual attendance will be an awesome way to experience the event with extras not [...]
- Turning Government Data into Better Public Service - Every day, millions of people use their laptops, phones, and tablets to check the status of their tax refund, get the latest forecast from the National Weather Service, book a campsite at one of our national parks, and much more. There were more than 1.3 billion visits to websites across the federal government in just [...]
- Showcase Your Innovation Program at the 2015 Spring Summit - Here’s another other opportunity to show DigitalGov innovators what you got! The spring Digital Citizen Services Summit will host an expo, like we did in 2014, where you can showcase your program or service. This way participants will get a chance to meet the people behind innovative programs across the federal government and explore collaborations [...]