Help Build a 21st Century Workforce, One Task at a Time
Open Opportunities includes all kinds of tasks and projects available to federal employees. These are tasks and projects that will let you gain more experience, contribute your expertise and connect with other innovators across government.
Opportunities range from editing a press release or testing a feature on a website, to researching and writing case studies, or developing code. Some of these opportunities can be completed in just a few hours while others might require a few weeks or months commitment.
How to Get Started
Step 1. Create an account on the Open Opportunities platform
- Fill out your profile, including photo, skills, and interests.
Step 2. Pick your perfect opportunity
- Check out the list of open opportunities.
- Read the description of the opportunity to learn what skills are needed and the deadline.
- Leave questions about the opportunity as a comment at the bottom of each post so others can benefit from the discussion.
- Clear your participation with your supervisor before participating.
- When you are interested in a task, click on the “I’m In!” button to let us know.
- We will email you confirmation that your interest was registered and that more information will be coming.
Step 3. If you’re selected for the task, go for it!
- We’ll provide you with all the details and information that you will need.
- If you have questions, ask!
- We will also mark the job as “assigned” so it will no longer appear as open on the page.
Step 4. Once you’re done, send us the “completed” project.
- We’ll review the submission for completion and notify you via email whether the task is complete or if more work is needed.
- We’ll mark the task as complete.
- We’ll send you a link to a short survey to find out what went well and how we can improve.
If you have any questions or need clarification, send Open Opps an email.