Workshop: Making Government Websites with GitHub, Federalist & U.S. Web Design Standards
YouTube LIVE In Person
This workshop will provide you and your team with an overview of using two new government-specific tools from the Technology Transformation Service (TTS) with GitHub. Then we’ll show you how, together, they make it easier than ever to create and launch compliant government websites.
The second part of the workshop will be your chance to get hands-on experience with these tools. We are designing three breakout sessions aimed at helping those on your team publish on Federalist by the end of the day.
✨ We will live-stream the first 90 mins of the workshop. Video will be available after. ✨
- 9 - 9:15am — Arrivals
- 9:15 - 10am — Federalist overview (+ online)
- 10 - 10:45am — Breakout working groups
- 10:45am — Take temperature of the room
- 10:45 - 11am — Break
- 11 - 12:00pm — Further learning and discussion
When you register for the event, we’d like to know:
- Are you interested in a GitHub-for-beginners training? What specific questions about GitHub would you want the training to cover?
- Do you have a website you think Federalist might be a good candidate for hosting?
- If so, tell us about the website
- Are you interested in learning how to design, code, and build Federalist websites?
- Are you interested in more details on managing a Federalist site in your agency? (non-technical discussion)
- Any other areas/questions you’d like us to cover at this event?
U.S. General Services Administration
1800 F Street NW