Digital communities of practice come in many stripes. DigitalGov communities span eight (and counting) focus areas and have thousands of members, but strong collaborations exist in all corners of government.
In honor of this month’s communities theme, we are offering a list of communities that foster connections and strengthen the digital capabilities of federal agencies.
Here is a list of some communities working in the digital arena:
- 18F /Developer Program
- CIO Council: Accessibility Community of Practice
- CIO Council: Privacy Community of Practice
- Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science
- Drupal for Government
- eCPIC Federal Steering Committee (FESCom)
- Federal Communicators Network
- Federal Intranet Content Managers
- Federal Knowledge Management Community
- Federal Librarians
- Ideation Community of Practice
- Mobile Health (m Health) Training Institutes Training Institutes”)
- Open Data listserv: Anyone with a .gov email can email firstname.lastname@example.org with “subscribe open-data” in the body of the message.
- Open Opportunities
- PLAIN – Plain Language Community
Do you know of additional communities that are doing excellent work in the federal digital space? Tell us in the comments below.This list is provided as a resource and inclusion is not an endorsement by DigitalGov, the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technology or GSA.Edit