DAP: Digital Analytics Program
The Digital Analytics Program offers advanced, easy Web analytics to federal agencies. The program is a hosted shared service provided by the Digital Services Innovation Center in GSA’s Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies. You can view the most common questions about the Program. The program consists of five parts:
- Digital Metrics guidance and best practices
- A no-cost, federal-wide Web analytics tool
- Support to help agencies implement the tool
- On-going help-desk and Google Analytics training support
Benefits and Features
No-cost, hosted website analytics
- Provides comprehensive, easy-to-use analytics for every section of your online presence.
- Delivers broad overviews and in-depth insights that apply to programs across your agency.
- Scalable to handle a broad range of .gov sites (large and small).
- Allows instantaneous access to a targeted set of critical performance data.
- Meets agency compliance with OMB reporting on the 10 Minimum Common Baseline Performance Metrics for Milestone 8.2.
- Hosted service by GSA avoids duplication of agencies purchasing the same tool and going through separate procurements.
Quick, reliable, and secure infrastructure
- Maintains SLA-assured high uptime.
- Delivers instant analytics for up-to-the minute site awareness.
- GSA’s signed Terms of Service agreement provides legal framework for using the tool.
Data insights across agencies
- Using a common analytics tool across federal agencies will deliver an unprecedented, government-wide view of how well agencies serve their customers through the Web.
- Making analytic data more accessible will create new possibilities for agencies to collaborate to improve services.
Participating in the Program
Any executive branch federal agency can sign up to use the common Web analytics tool. Here’s how it works:
- Agency Digital Strategy lead will identify a point-of-contact (POC) who will manage their Web analytics account.
- GSA will send the agency POC a short, sign-up form to register their agency and work with them to implement the common page tag code.
- GSA will provide implementation support, access to training, and other resources to agency POCs.
- If you don’t have an identified POC send us an email.
Email the Digital Analytics Program