Federal User Experience Community
Learn how other agencies are creating great User Experiences!
Find how how to conduct valuable user research with little (or no) budget!
Meet other government usability practitioners!
Share your own successes and tips!
Join the Group!
- User Experience (UX) networking events
- Training for government Web managers, usability specialists, and project managers through DigitalGov University and other programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Useful UX resources such as the DigitalGov User Experience Program, the Usability.gov’s Guidelines, DigitalGov, and DigitalGov University.
- Case studies of why UX works!
We bring together federal employees who want to make digital services—websites, mobile Apps, intranets, APIs—work better for their customers.
Who We Are
Our members include more than 200 federal, state, and local U.S. government employees and contractors with a valid .gov or .mil email address. We welcome program managers, subject matter experts, designers, developers, writers and others interested in creating efficient, effective and useful technologies.
What Do We Do?
- Make government products and services work better through user research.
- Support the use of user-centered design (UCD) principles and methods to improve government products
- Promote the use of usability testing in all its forms (lab-based, hallway/quick testing, prototype, free form, etc.) and for all federal products (desktop, remote, mobile, API).
We share UX information of interest to the government community. We also meet periodically by way of conference calls or webinars, and annually for an in-person luncheon in Washington, D.C. The User Experience CoP also advises the Federal Web Managers Council on UX matters.