On June 10, 2014, the Metrics Community of Practice of the Federal Web Managers Council and DigitalGov University hosted an event to honor the memory of Joe Pagano, a former co-chair of the Web Metrics Sub-Council.
This third lecture honoring Joe focused on search engine optimization (SEO).
While commercial search engines do a remarkable job of helping the public find our government information, as Web professionals, it’s also our job to help the public make sense of what they find.
I presented on SEO for government websites and specifically talked about:
- What SEO is and why it is important;
- SEO building blocks for writing content;
- Conducting keyword research; and
- Eliminating ROT (redundant, outdated, and trivial content).
- Check out the slide deck and visit the resources below to learn more.